Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Nana's Birthday

For Nana's birthday this year we had a turkey dinner at our house... it was a good time!  We just found out that mom has diabetes and I can't eat any processed sugar, so the cake was a home made zebra cake that was 100% sugar free (thank Heaven for agave!!) and fresh fruit for the desert... oh... I guess there was ice cream too!  She is such an amazing lady and we love her like crazy! 
She turned 61 this year... we couldn't put 61 candles on the cake though... because then we would risk burning the house down and I am pretty sure she doesn't have enough air to blow all that fire out... so we did 6 candles on one side and 1 on the other... she had plenty of hot air for that!

Mom hates having her picture taken, I love it because we generally end up with really goofy faces!

Mom got an edible bouquet from one of her friends... all of the kids (including Bompa - yup... I called him a kid!) loved eating the fruit.  AND... it was beautiful!

Liyah and Mandi smiles

Isn't he the cutest man ever?  I adore him!

Bompa, Lucy, Asher and Nana enjoy some lovin

No comments: