Friday, October 9, 2009

a girl's best friend

I can not tell you how warm and fuzzy I feel inside when I watch Lucy and Opie together - it reminds me of how I was when I was a little girl - I loved to play with our dog, Ginger, pretending that she was my baby, dressing her up, reading her stories, telling her my secrets... and it looks like Lucy is following in that same path!
As I was getting Lucy ready for a shower this morning, she had to pause to check out Opie's teeth - after all... dental hygiene is very important! (the getting ready for the shower explains the nakedness!!) I love that Opie is so patient with her - she just lays there and lets Lucy do whatever she wants... it's cute!
Lucy had just been giving Opie a hug, then grabbed her book to rest on Opie as her pillow while she read... how cute is that?
We hear, "Opie, No!" a lot in the house now, but for the most part Lucy loves to hang with her and loves to have her as a friend. The past several days have made me laugh because Lucy has felt the need to share her food with Opie - and I couldn't get mad at her because it was good food... apples, grapes, cheerios... ya know... the kind of things any dog would want to eat (yeah right) but to be in the kitchen and watch Lucy sitting on the floor, legs straight out with Opie next to her... Lucy has a bite, then gives one to Opie, then they sit and talk about it... and do it all over again. The look of joy on Lucy's face is priceless too!
I thank Heavenly Father every day for these girls and the blessing that they are in my life!