Monday, February 1, 2010

January in a snap shot

My parents were in Washington with my brother and his family for Christmas and we all missed them while they were gone... so when they got back they came over for dinner one night - Lucy talked Nana into reading to her - and the cuddled under her new blanket that I had just finished!

Lucy had lost something under the couch... so she decided to go in after it... we just refinished this couch and raised it a bit, so she thinks it is pretty fun that she fits under it!




The rest of January was spent with one, two or all three of us being sick.  We have had sinus infections, strep, the chest colds that are going around, and my FMS for some reason won't give me a break... so it has been a long month!!  after many rounds of meds, I think we are finally on the mend!  We have had family over several times though and are loving the room that we have to entertain in!  It is so nice to be able to spread out and play without having to sit on someones lap!!!

Lucy has been doing some massive growing though - physically and mentally... our current favorite thing that she now does is when we lay her down she has to have some songs before we can leave her room... and it can't be a song of our choice, she has to tell us what to sing... generally by the first line of the song... but it is cute how many songs she knows and loves!

2 comments:

April Nielsen said...

Yay!! Thank you very much...I love to see you guys. It makes me feel like I kind of still know you ;) And yes when it gets warmer, I will be coming to see you guys and your cute new puppy and can't wait to see your house. Have you decorated Lucy's room yet? I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to see pics of the whole house. Do show.

Nellie Hoskins said...

I can't see the pictures on Lucy's birthday ... ;o(! I've missed your blog too. Thanks April for getting her going again.