| from left: Joe Bonsall, Duane Allen, William Lee Golden, Richard Sterban |
Right... if you got that title, that means you are old like me! Monday night my Mom and I got to go on a fabulous mommy/daughter date (you are never too old for those) courtesy of my daddy! The Oak Ridge Boys were doing their Christmas tour and happened to be here at the Pikes Peak Center... we were in the 3rd row... close enough to see that Joseph Bonsall was drinking diet 7Up on stage... and to see that William Lee Golden likes Figi bottled water... and to hear them talking to each other between songs... and to see their faces clearly and have them actually sing to US!!! AMAZING! I have loved the Oak Ridge Boys since I was just little... that is what I grew up listening to... their great harmony, beautiful songs with meaning... and catchy tunes... SO Great! We got to hear lots of old favorite songs, but were also introduced to some new songs that I have since fallen in love with... the one that I can't get out of my head is called "My Son" I was struck by how heartfelt the song was sung... I know that they believed what they were singing... there were tears in the audience as several of the songs were sung.
Something funny... Joseph Bosnall was talking about how excited they were to be in the Mile High state... and was talking about the Pikes Peak Center and then some guy in the first row had a bunch of Broncos stuff on, and Joseph goes, "Oh... and the home of the Denver Broncos, right?" At this point half the crowd was booing and the other half was cheering... the guy with the Broncos garb on tried to cover up as much of it as he could... and then Joseph goes, "And how's that working for ya?" It was really funny... but then he did redeem himself by saying that they didn't have much to talk about with the Titans... so there you are :)
However, by far my favorite part of the whole night was when they came out and were thanking us all for coming out to see them on their Christmas tour... they said that they had Christmas decorations, there were Christmas trees behind them, and they would be singing Christmas songs... they were NOT on a Holiday Tour... they were here to celebrate the birth of Christ... on their CHRISTMAS tour! AMEN!!
Anyway... here are a few pictures... my camera is being really strange these days, so I didn't get all that many good pictures, but I would like to point out that the majority of them are not zoomed in at all... that is how close we were!
3 comments:
How exciting! I remember singing their songs when I was little too!
Andrew would be so jealous. He loves them. We even have some of their cd's. Hope you guys are doing good. Have a great holiday.
I so remember my dad listening to an Oak Ridge Boys record when I was little.
Post a Comment