Have you guys heard of House Party? It is a pretty great way to host a party where they send you everything you need to have a party, you just supply the place and the friends (for more info, visit www.houseparty.com). I had an opportunity to do one of these to show of a new Singer sewing machine. They lent me a machine (which I ended up getting for an early birthday gift and love it!) and they sent decorations to make the house pretty, they sent fabric so everyone could make a project (roll-up bags) and my favorite was that they sent a TON of stuff to make goody bags for the guests... each guest went home with a roll-up bag, a patter for purses, a pattern for skirts, 3 spools of thread, a TON of coupons and some other miscellaneous stuff. It was pretty great! I had 1 person that had never sewn before, so she was really excited to be able to have a completed project in under an hour - and to have it be something that is so useful! I was also able to teach my niece to make one on Sunday with some of my extra fabric - she was pretty stoked to have been able to make it all by herself! I am hoping that it will get her excited about sewing so she can be as crazy as I am! Anyway... check out the pictures of our fun!
2 comments:
Hey! You live!!! Me and my sister have talked about House Party. I think I'll have to do it now for sure! So glad to see some happenings of yours. Lucy Lou is getting so grown up! Keep it coming.
Fun! I am sad I wasn't there.
Post a Comment