Friday, September 12, 2008

Latest Cravings

Anyone that knows me will attest to the fact that I am a cookbook-a-holic... so I thought I would pass on my latest favorite recipes...

Teriyaki Chicken
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Mix first three ingredients and pour over chicken (I just put it all in a Ziploc bag) to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Grill on BBQ for about 20 minutes - or you can bake in the oven (still in the juices even) at 350 for about 45 minutes. So yummy with potatoes or rice and some salad.


on to something a little sweet...

Cherry Surprise Bar Cookies
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
3 cups flour
1 can cherry pie filling

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and extracts. Add flour and mix well. Spread about 3/4 of the mixture on a greased cookie sheet with edges. Top with the cherry pie filling. Drop remaining batter on top of the cherries with a spoon (or if you are like me... just get your fingers in there and make a mess) Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until light golden brown.

***This one is very fun because you can change it up a bit... today I didn't have almond extract, so I used coconut extract instead... and then used key lime pie filling - and let me just say... they are totally yummy!

Let me know how you like them!

No comments: