Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Zoo

I love to go to the zoo, to see the animals and the things they do!



My parents asked me this year to give them some ideas for Christmas and one of them was that I would love to have a zoo membership so that we could go as often as possible... and happily that is the one they picked!! So, Mom, Lucy and I went up there on Monday - the day was absolutely perfect as was the company, the animals were all in a good mood and fun to watch, and Lucy loved every minute of it! It was cute to watch her sign things and point to things... she particularlly loved the giraffes and was not even a bit scared to feed them! As she was feeding them she kept siging more and baby and come - she just wanted to get as close to them as much as she could. She was also excited about the monkeys and meerkats - she would sign dog when she saw them... not the right sign, but cool that she was trying to tell me about them! We also got to see something I personally have never seen - one of the hippos was actually playing with an enormous hard plastic ball - it was awesome! I have never seen anything like it! She actually splashed some of the people watching her - that's how in to the ball she was!

I appologize for the lack of pictures, but we are going to try and go again this weekend, so we will make sure to take more then!






4 comments:

Ruth Worthington said...

That was a great day for the zoo! I am so glad you had a great time! We love the zoo too - lets go together some time!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Yay! We just got zoo passes too! Let's go party!!!

April Nielsen said...

I was just telling my sister how much I wanted to go back to the zoo there that no other zoo even compares to it. I wish I was there to go with you. There is not a week that goes by that Isaiah asks to move back to Colorado. I wish you weren't so far away and we could come visit a lot. Also your signing videos have been a rage in my family being passed around and all babies are now learning...so thanx! Love ya!

Brittany Myler said...

I did not know that she could sign! That is SO cool! And she is getting So big, i can't believe it! Man I want to come back to Colorado and go to the zoo with you! LOVE YA!