Lucy's smile is contagious... how could you see this and not smile back at her?
She has recently discovered that if she falls we will clap or laugh (we are not mean, we just don't want her to be a cry baby) so she now does it on purpose just to make us laugh!
Lucy loves to learn new words - and there are new ones every day... especially people's names. She will sit and look at her picture books and point to everyone and name them... she will find pictures of Jesus and tell us who it is, she will do roll call with the pictures of Grandma, Grandpa, Nana and Bompa on our mantle (this one generally happens each night) and if she is in the room with you, she will call your name over and over again!
Lucy loves songs - but not when they are on the radio... they have to be sung to her. It doesn't matter to her if you sound really terrible... she will love it anyway... and if we are in the car and someone is not singing along with the song, she will call that person's name - very loudly and tell them to sing!
Our current favorite Lucy funny is that she will get right in front of you, yell your name, and then calmly say "come" while making the sign for you to follow. Then she will take you where ever she wanted to go, show you what she wants, and be a happy little one!
Shopping with Lucy is always an interesting experience... she will find new uses for things around every turn... her latest happened while clothes shopping with my niece... we happened to be looking for a bra for her, Lucy saw a very cute one on the rack and thought it was a hat... and yes... she did put it on her head - then told everyone that it was CUTE! I just laughed, but seriously... I love that little one!
Jason calls Lucy "Honey" all the time - like when she is upset or hurt or whatever... and recently she has taken to calling him that too. Jason took her to the potty the other day, and when he got her up off the toilet, she put her hand on his shoulder and started patting it, looked in his eye, and said "Oh, honey, honey, honey!"
Lucy has a strange comfort - Jason swears it is something that was passed to her through me... but I'm not too sure about that! She loves to play with fingers and the nails on them... sometimes it's not too bad, but other times she jams her nail under your nail... and let me just say it doesn't feel great. It is fun though to know that we can pretty much always calm her down by just giving her our hand to play with!
Lucy absolutely adores her daddy - and I am in complete and total agreement with her - I'm just glad I found him first, because she would be some serious competition for me! I love the time that I get to spend with Lucy and thank Heavenly Father every day that I have a husband that works hard so that I can stay at home with her to help her learn and grow and be a beautiful loving little girl... not leaving that in someone elses hands! It is a HUGE blessing! My favorite thing to tell people when they ask if I get bored at home and wish that I could be out doing other things or working is "I didn't want to have children for someone else to raise them..." and I really am sincere in that feeling!
One of our favorite days of the week is Sunday for various reasons, but a big one is because that means that Daddy will be home and not have moves or shopping or a car to fix or work or whatever for at least part of the day! Our little tradition after nap time is to just hang out in the family room and enjoy each other. Lucy is such a goof and can entertain us for several hours without ever thinking of turning the TV on or anything crazy like that! So... here are a few of the funny things that will generally end up happening...
Daddy is an engineer, so Lucy comes by her extreme curiosity naturally! She is always trying to figure how how things work - the zippers are her favorite at the moment!
The Nerd in Jason requires him to have a pen and/or pencil on his shirt at all times. Lucy has discovered this little fun fact and will always find one of them and attempt to draw - luckily for us it is generally on a piece of paper!!
Every day I find myself thanking my Father in Heaven for this little girl. For the joy that she has brought to our lives, for her strong, strong spirit, for her happiness, silliness, most of all for her love that she gives us. I am grateful for having a loving and righteous husband to embark on the fun and exciting times of parenthood with, to laugh with, and to love!
1 comment:
Let's not forget that Lucy pulled out my templed recommend and identified the picture of the temple without being told. She just pulled it out, pointed and said "temple! temple!" Go Lucy!
Post a Comment