Friday, August 21, 2009

where has my head been?

I was thinking the other day how I really needed to update my blog, but there was nothing to put on there.. then I looked at my camera and realized that there were actually some really cute pics on there with funny stories... so here goes!

Back in July we took Lucy to Dairy Queen so that we could all get an ice cream cone - you know how she is with her ice cream! So Jason made the mistake of ordering a large cone - seriously... way too much ice cream that none of us could finish... but Lucy and I were "sharing a cone" really... what that meant is that I got the first like 5 bites and then Lucy took it and wouldn't give it back... but she was enjoying it so much and so happy with herself that I couldn't get upset!

I love how her eyes are half closed in pure ecstasy!!
I think this is my favorite - mainly because as we get older we can't (at least I can't) let ourselves get messy like this and enjoy the process of eating an ice cream cone - loving every little gooey drip going down the chin!
There are the cute closed eyes again - seriously... she was sooo happy!
At this point she had discovered the cone and the delightful way it was like a cookie with her ice cream...
She was sooo upset when we got home and I finally threw the thing in the sink (I couldn't take another bite, and was afraid that she was going to make herself sick!!) but for those last moments with her cone... she was sooo content!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

She is too cute!! It is too bad that as we get older, we can't let ourselves enjoy life like we did when we were little. I hope that you guys are doing good.