Sunday, May 24, 2009

fun weekend

Lucy and I had planned to go to Las Vegas, then California with my parents this week while Jason was on a business trip, but at the last minute his trip got canceled, so we decided to stay home with him. Jason was able to get a couple extra days off work, so we actually have a 5 day weekend together!! good times! Jason got me some awesome birthday gifts that he didn't want to wait until my birthday to give them to me (I think because he didn't want to have to wait 5 extra days to have me use them to cook for him...) so he got me 2 donut pans (so I can BAKE donuts instead of fry them - YUM) a cookbook/history book on donuts (funny tidbits in that one!) a donut cutter... and my favorite... 2 long loaf pans - that are stones. He had to search high and low to find them... the only long loaf pans that I could find were metal, and they work fine, but they have a HUGE problem with rusting... and with how often I make bread they were only lasting like a month, so I told Jase like 2 months ago that i would really like some long glass pans... only to find out that we can't get them ANYWHERE!! So, being the best hubby ever... Jase found these awesome stones, but small hitch, the company that sells them didn't have any in stock, so he called the company that makes them and did a special order to get them. I made some authentic Italian Bread in them yesterday and seriously thought I was in bread Heaven!! YUM!! what a difference a good pan can make!! We are also experimenting with donuts - we made 2 different kinds yesterday morning - some chocolate and some white cake donuts. They were both tasty... but today we are trying out some applesauce donuts... stay tuned to find out how those turn out! anyway... being able to spend all this time with my family is just great! I have the cutest little daughter, and my hubby is the most caring man around! I'm lovin it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great weekend. Lucy cracks me up with her sleeping in the crib like that. Haha! PS - I love her ballerina socks:)

Lisa said...

Yum! I wish I still lived by you. I didn't know you were such a baker. Bread and DONUTS! Happy Birthday!