Saturday, May 16, 2009

funny conversation with Lucy

The other day we went to Hobby Lobby with Nana - I have been looking for some little animal figurines for Lucy, but not some cartoon looking ones... I wanted them to actually look like the animal. So while we were at Hobby Lobby we found a bunch of them in tubes (so I didn't have to buy each animal individually!!) and as we were standing there looking at them, Lucy saw a tiger and started growling - as loud as she could, because she thought it was funny to hear herself echo. Pretty soon she got tired of that game and started asking me to get her some "Mom, Peese!!" over and over. I totally heard her, but didn't respond, so her next idea was to grab Nana's finger, look up at her, and... wait for it... this is the best part, she told Nana, "Say Peese... Say Peese!!" Apparently she thought that if Nana said it, it would work better... turns out she was right. After we stopped laughing and could take a breath... we picked out 4 tubes, and made Lucy-loo so happy!

I know it is just a small conversation, but we are having more and more of those funny little talks with Lucy... her vocabulary is getting bigger, and she is really into expressing herself... she ends up making us all laugh so often! What a cutie pie!!!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Kids are so smart and they quickly pick up on ways to manipulate us. It's near impossible to resist when they are so gosh-darn-cute about it.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Lucy is such a sweetheart. We'll have to get together soon. Plus I have your towel from the amazing bread you made us.