Friday night Jase took us to Baskin Robbins for some yummy birthday ice cream... Lucy had her own soft serve small cone (did you know they do soft serve now?) Jason had a sunday, and I had a waffle cone with 2 scoops (I still don't know what possessed me to get 2 scoops... I can never even finish one... so trying to eat 2 made me not feel so well... smart one that I am!) While we were eating, we noticed that Lucy is totally my dad's grand baby... he loves ice cream, and has obviously passed that gene down the line! Lucy was on my lap with HER cone in her left hand, a little spoon in the right hand... taking a bite of hers, then a lick off mine, then a spoon from her dad's... around and around it went. I am still amazed that she didn't explode, or get sick!


Then on Saturday morning while making donuts I was reminded how much like me she is... whenever I cook now, she has to be in the kitchen, on the counter, doing whatever she can to help - this is where I was when I was little as well... we have many pictures of me in the kitchen with my mom, on the counter, I am sure just making a mess, but at the time, I was positive that I was a HUGE help! While I was doing the donuts, I turned to wash a dish out, and when I turned back, I found that Lucy had helped herself to the enormous strawberries that were on the counter and was eating them like apples! When I was little they were also a favorite treat for me, unfortunately though, I was allergic to them... so whenever I would come home from my best friend, Bonnie's house, Mom would look at me and say... "Katie, you were in the strawberries again, huh?" and I would look at her with innocent eyes and say, "no, Mom... I wasn't" (I was like 4 at the time) but Mom always knew the truth... due to the nice rash that would always break out all over me!! Ahhh... good times!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment