Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Family Camping




Well... we finally did it! We went on our first ever camping trip - and it will probably be the last for a while! We had a great time while we were all awake... but the night pretty much stunk! Jason's older brother, Joseph and 3 of his kids went with us - we were up past Woodland Park - the area was breathtaking - seriously! The weather was outstanding - not too cold, not to hot... the area was relatively flat - so Lucy could go exploring without getting hurt... she learned how to play Queen of the Hill while there (now she thinks that any rock big enough to climb is placed there just for that purpose!) We had yummy food (drumsticks, potatoes and watermelon for dinner, banana boats and marshmallows for desert, and zip-lock omelets and biscuits for breakfast) sang lots of songs, told stories by the fire, talked, laughed a lot, and just generally has a great time! We all shared our tent - it is a pretty stinkin big tent, and would have been perfect if we had just left Lucy's pac-n-play out of the equation - she wouldn't sleep in it anyway, so it really just took up lots of room! Lucy is one of those kids that really has to be in her own bed to get to sleep, so you can imagine how fun the night was! I think she finally got into a real sleep around 2 - before that, we had little power naps interrupted by bouts of hysterical screaming... let me tell you - it was a great time! I forgot to bring my meds with us (stupid, I know) and learned that even though i have been diagnosed with Insomnia and narcolepsy, the insomnia will win out every time! In an attempt to keep some sanity, i taught myself how to do the alphabet backwards, and counted from 1 to 100, then backwards by 2, then back up to 100 and backwards by 3 all the way till i counted backwards by 10 (9 was the funnest!) until the sun finally rose at 5:30 and I could get out of bed!even though the night was way long, the rest of the time was very fun! I went pee in the forest for the first time in my life and felt like I had conquered something massive... like a lion or something! Jason brought his pellet gun so we had some fun shooting that in the morning! We got lots of fun pics, so be sure to check those out! I would also love to know if I am the only moron that can't camp very well... ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time to me. No one sleeps very well when they're camping, but I wish I could have seen you counting backwards by 9s from 100:)

Robyn said...

Your camping trip sounds like fun except for the insomnia part.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Hello! I'm looking for an old friend Boche Hoskins. I did a search for her family names Larry, Gaynell, Nellie, Bo, Clint and Katie and found your blog. We were friends in Taylorsville Utah a hundred years ago. I would love to get in contact with Boche. I know this is a long shot but I thought since you had several names on your blog maybe you are her younger sister?

Thanks!
Anjeanette (Anji Miller)