Sunday, July 5, 2009

What's really important

Sometimes things happen that make me reflect on what is really important in life... this last week has been making me think along those lines... to put things in perspective and so that everyone understands what has gotten me thinking... Thursday morning at 2am some punk broke into our home while we were all asleep. I woke up (must have heard them moving around) in time to see him run out the door. Jason was up and out the door within 30 seconds, and the cops (all 7 cars) were here within about 10 minutes and nothing was found - no prints, no tracks, and none of our things. They took our xbox, laptop, Jason's wallet and phone, the keys to our car... and oddly enough... my Primary bag with scriptures in it. Most of the things they took were just annoying, and the fact that he came in while we were here at home is extremely violating... but the important things could never be touched.



My family is all safe - none of us were harmed in the least... in fact, Lucy slept through the whole thing and didn't wake up until she heard the cops talking - thank Heavens!!







The time that we get to spend together can never be taken, the memories that we make can never be replaced, our testimonies and faith have actually been strengthened through the experience, our family ties are stronger, our house is still standing, we still have food to fill our bellies,



beauty surrounding us, things that make us smile and laugh... the important things in my life are still here and stronger than ever! I thank Heavenly Father (this will probably sound cliche - but I really do) for the opportunity to reflect on these things and realize what needs to be worked on, what I have to be thankful for, and what will last forever!

3 comments:

April Nielsen said...

HOly crap! I'm so glad you are okay. I feel violated for you! To bad he didn't try that when I was there, he would have gotten some oh you know. That blessed XBOX so many memories were created with that thing. What did the complex do? I would demand a reinforcement lock.

Brittany Myler said...

O my gosh Katie...i'm SO glad that no one got hurt. And i'm so sad that that happened to you! But I'm glad that Lucy didn't wake up and that you guys were all safe!!!! Thank goodness for the Lord watching over you!

Stacy said...

I'm glad you are all okay, and that no one was hurt. That is really scary though.