Wednesday, September 16, 2009

animal time

So, the past week has been a dream come true for Lucy - she absolutely loves animals, so let me give you a run down of everything that she has seen...
Saturday we went to get the dog supplies, so we were in and out of 4 different pet stores in which she saw and in some cases was able to touch: snakes, turtles, fish, dragons, hedge hogs, sugar gliders, an alligator, a bunny, birds, a cat and several dogs.

Later that day we went and took some pictures for one of our friends... his Lab just had puppies and he doesn't have a camera, so we offered to take the pictures for him. Lucy loved those little puppies! There are like 5 weeks old I think, fluffy, have that yummy smelling puppy breath (seriously, I love that smell!!) and just wanted to play and cuddle! If you live here in CO and are interested, let me know... we can hook you up with his number... last I talked to him, there were still 4 available.



Then... today I took Lucy on a Mommy/daughter date to the zoo - we haven't done that in a while and I totally enjoyed myself! We just got up and went - no prior planning needed... took some apples, crackers and water, the stroller, camera, and a jacket and walked and talked and had a good time! She was such a perfect little doll today - no screaming, or fit throwing (I know some of you may think that she doesn't do that, but unfortunately she is just like any other toddler and does scream... and loudly!!) A few of the bright spots... she loves the giraffes and zebras, so we spent a while watching them... the meerkats are also a favorite, she kept telling them to be nice. Walking out of the old monkey house we ran in to the peacock (literally... we had to go S-O-O-O S-L-O-W so that we didn't get attacked, but he could have cared less that we were there!) lots of other birds (she was totally in to that today for some odd reason,) the penguins, hippos, frogs and the apes (I LOVE those guys! they are so fun to watch! ) She was able to name all of the above animals and tell me a little about them... pointing out the elbows on all of them that she could see... so I thought that was cool! We also stopped for a snack at the big backyard area where there were some psycho chipmunks - Lucy was sitting on my lap just enjoying her apple when one jumped up on the bench next to me, so I said "Hey Lucy, look... there's a cute little chipmunk..." and the little guy took that as an invite to sit on my other leg - Lucy thought this was odd, but really didn't care, but I, on the other hand was stuck between wanting to hold the cute little thing and pet it, and worrying about some disease it could give Lucy!! The weather was great though - it was kind of overcast, so there weren't very many people there - but it wasn't too hot, or cold, and having the zoo to ourselves is kinda nice!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are sooo cute ... but then Lucy is in them. Seriously Katie ... a chipmunk got up on your leg?

April Nielsen said...

Makes me miss the zoo. Lucy is looking awfully cute today...look at her cute hair. Can't wait for more pics of your other little girl.