Friday, September 11, 2009

today's activity - painting

When I was little, one of my favorite activities was finger painting - but without paint... instead, we switched it out for pudding. it was a win-win in my book - see, I have always hated getting dirty, but I loved to be creative, so this way, whatever mess I made I could lick clean... so it was lovely! I decided to try it with Lucy this morning... most kids would probably be okay with just painting with their finger - or hand, at the most... not Lucy - she had to get her whole body involved! It was a good thing I stripped her down before we started... she had chocolate EVERYWHERE! But what could I do? Isn't that what childhood is all about? Making messes and learning from the mess? It was fun to watch her figuring out how she could make it look different with different strokes of her hand... or foot... or leg... or face... whatever was available! I can't wait to try it again... but next time I want Daddy home to join in the fun!

No comments: