Well... I didn't want to post about it too early in case something fell through... but it is now officially ours, so I am happy to say that we bought a house yesterday! It is the biggest purchase we have ever made... ever... so it was a little scary, but extremely exciting! We have been busy over there since we closed trying to prep the house for paint, fix a few of the things that were not working right, scrape popcorn ceilings (glad I'm not the one that has that job!!)... and just trying to do all the new house things that go on, so our posts have been and will be few and far between for a little while... I will try to post some of the updates as we get them done... but have a feeling that won't happy too quickly! We plan to be fully moved in right around Thanksgiving, so hopefully we will be able to sit and rest for a spell after that!
The house is awesome though... it is HUGE... bed, 3.5 baths... the master bath is the same size as our master bedroom in our apartment!! the kitchen is also gigantic! It has a dining room, living room, family room, even a little foyer (fun fun fun!) and that is just the two upper levels... then in the basement there is a big entertainment room (I'm pretty sure they used to have a bar down there - it is plumed for it) a smaller room that will probably be some sort of playroom... or maybe an office... who knows... and get this... a separate room that will be my very own salon... and it is already plumbed for the sink... and is big enough for 2 chairs (for those of you that don't do hair... this will probably mean nothing... but for me it is awesome! That means I can have one chair at the sink, and then another at the cutting/styling station so I don't have to have a dual purpose chair - those suck because they break easy... and it will just be much nicer and more professional looking! ) The yard is a pretty nice size... with a dog run already built in and it is HUGE!! Yeah for Opie! It also has 2 decks that connect with stairs, the upper one has a really nice awning built on it so it is like an extended living space!
K... that is enough about the house... cause I need to get some sleep!
4 comments:
Congratulations! You guys deserve it! I can't wait to see pictures - make sure you do before and afters, those are always fun to look at. Good luck moving!
I missed seeng you at church today (guess I'll just have to get used to it huh?) Congratulations on the house. We're very excited for you. Can't wait to see some pictures. Let me know when your salon will be up and running. I could use a haircut : )
Congrats on the house. It is such a scary purchase, but so exciting at the same time. Post pics as soon as you can. I'm happy for you guys!
HOORAY!!!!!!!!! I am so excited about the house news? Where is it? DO you need help getting ready?
Post a Comment