We just finished painting the house... last night... we got home around midnight. Crazy tired today... but I have to say that we have some awesome friends and family! I got in the car yesterday morning to go get more paint - you would never believe how much stinkin' paint we used - and when I got in and was driving and thinking (that's the only time I do the thinking!!) and was tearing up thinking about all of the millions of people that were in my house, early, on a Saturday morning the week before Thanksgiving when everyone has twelve million things to do... because they cared and wanted to help us. And then there were people that came over last night to help us at like 8 so that we could get the last bit of the painting done - check out this story - one of the older couples from our old ward called - he had hurt his shoulder (tore the rotator cuff or something - poor guy) but she wanted to come help, so she said she was on her way. When she got there about 20 minutes later, she had her hubby with her (who was in a ton of pain, but insisted on helping where he could) and also had two visitors from Kansas that heard we were painting and needed help, so they just wanted to come. Isn't that amazing? The way that Heavenly Father watches out for us never ceases to amaze me! My best friend was there with Jason and I doing touch up paint until it was done - every one of us was exhausted and could barely move when we left... but I am so glad it is done! The colors are absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to put our stuff in there and see it all together! And before anyone asks... I don't have any pictures of it yet because I was not in the mood to get my camera all dirty - it was crazy dirty over there.. so once we have furniture and stuff moved in I will get some pictures of it and post then!
On a random note - Lucy loves to play with these laundry baskets... I don't get it...
No comments:
Post a Comment